Wednesday, March 4, 2009

coco and me




The title of the topic is partially inspired by the book 'Marley and me' and partially by my dog, Coco... He is such an important part of my life that it felt right to dedicate some blog space to him... He is actually more than just a dog to us, he is a family member, my bundle of joy...
I still remember the day we got him home... we were about to adopt a dog who has spent 3.5 years in a different home with different set of people... we were sceptical about his temperament, his habits, his likes and dislikes... we wondered how naughty he will be, how long will he take to accept us as his new family... and with all these questions in mind, we met this blue eyed, chocolate brown labrador, full of energy and willing to play with anyone... it was as if the entire world is his friend... we loved him the moment we set eyes on him... we knew that coco is exactly what we wanted... I remember he was a little scared to climb into the back seat of our car and was sad to go away from my friend with whom he had spent 2 very happy months... I am sure he had similar questions in his mind during the journey back home... we bought him an icecream on the way home which he loved and we started the process of knowing each other and accepting each other...
we came to know that he likes chicken and rice, dislikes milk, likes to play with ball, loves to chase cats, loves his teddy bear... he is softspoken, doesn't speak till it is absolutely necessary or we ask him to... he loves a good belly rub, likes it when we brush his fur, hates it when we brush his teeth or give him a bath...
It was a learning process for him too... he knows all our routine around the house... he can understand whether we are getting ready to go to office or to take him out... he has learnt all the bengali words I use to talk to him... he knows where we keep his snacks and treats... he has learnt to trust us... and he has learnt that he is allowed to be disobedient and not listen to my commands which is entirely my fault... even if I get angry sometimes, but the moment I see his face, I cannot think of punishing him...
When I return home at the end of a tiring day, I get the best welcome one can get... I don't think anyone human being can express happiness better than Coco without speaking a single word... When I leave for office, the sadness in his eyes to see me go moves me so much that I feel like abandoning the idea of going to office... when he comes and licks my face, I feel honored that he thinks I deserve his love... even on the days when I am late from office and he is sitting at the door hungry and waiting for me to come and take him out, he doesn't show his anger or doesn't get annoyed, instead, I get the same warm welcome... he never complains... I wonder, did god not teach dogs how to complain, or he loves me so much that he forgives me everytime?
Life has become so simple after Coco came... he keeps me occupied and doesn't let my idle mind be devil's workshop :)... I often wondered what kind of a parent will I be... I think I know that now...
It is true that dogs are man's best friends... like a true best friend they teach you good things and give you emotional support by being at your side always, no matter what... coco has taught me how to be patient and try to communicate with someone who doesn't understand my language... he taught me how to be responsible, take care of someone totally dependent on me... he taught me how to sacrifice my own wishes to make someone happy... and above all, he taught me how to love someone unconditionally...


4 comments:

  1. Nice blog....I like the first blog too, everyone could related to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel so glad that my daughter has become a complete and good human being...because i believe no one could be complete unless and untill he/she feels love for the natural environment around them...endless love for coco....

    ReplyDelete
  3. 09818592392 gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now 09818592392 all india ki all city's mey service avlable koi dhokha dhadhi nhi full secret service providers koi bhi problem nhi full maza full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now 09818592392 service all india ki all city's mey service avlable koi dhokha dhadhi nhi full secret service providers koi bhi problem nhi full maza full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now 09818592392

    ReplyDelete
  4. 09818592392 gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now 09818592392 all india ki all city's mey service avlable koi dhokha dhadhi nhi full secret service providers koi bhi problem nhi full maza full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now 09818592392 service all india ki all city's mey service avlable koi dhokha dhadhi nhi full secret service providers koi bhi problem nhi full maza full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now gigolo sax service providers all india coll me full details full masti key sath pasaa kamye coll now 09818592392

    ReplyDelete